Cosentry Earns LEED Certification
The United States Green Building Council has awarded Cosentry's Omaha-Midlands Data Center facility with LEED Gold Certification, one of only 21 in the nation to be recognized with this reward.
LEED and the USGBC
LEED Certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is the most widely recognized and widely used green building program across the world. Achieving LEED Gold Certification, as well as Energy Star Certification, demonstrates Cosentry's commitment to energy efficiency and sustainability.
By the Numbers
- There are only 40 LEED certified data centers in the world, 27 of those are in the U.S.
- There are only 21 data centers in the country that are certified LEED Gold and Cosentry’s Omaha-Midlands Data Center is among them
- O-MDC is 1 of only 2 data centers in the world that has achieved LEED Gold in the category Existing Buildings: Operations & Maintenance
- There are only 50 ENERGY STAR labeled data centers and O-MDC ranks among the top 10% with a 93 ENERGY STAR score
- O-MDC is the only LEED Gold data center and the only ENERGY STAR labeled data center in Nebraska